About the role
- Full time
Based in Collingwood, Melbourne or working remotely from another Australian location. (Working from home while COVID-19 restrictions apply)
- Salary range $92,000 – $98,000 per annum plus super and salary packaging
Are you passionate about advancing the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children?
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children, the national peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, is seeking an experienced and tertiary qualified Senior Policy and Research Officer. The officer will provide high-level evidence-informed policy analysis of issues relating to SNAICC’s objectives and the rights and needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children with a focus on child development, safety and wellbeing.
The officer will work alongside and support SNAICC’s national Board and Council of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders to achieve SNAICC’s vision of “an Australian society in which the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families are protected, our communities are empowered to determine their own futures, and our cultural identity is valued.”
This challenging role includes:
- researching and drafting papers, briefings, submissions and resources
- project management of significant national policy and research projects
- liaison with governments and advocacy for policy change
- consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders, service sectors and community representatives
This opportunity is ideal for exceptional individuals with demonstrated experience in policy and research, an in depth understanding of issues impacting upon Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, and strong commitment to their rights, needs and aspirations.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
Visit our website, www.snaicc.org.au/about/employment/ for the position description and how to apply. Initial enquiries to email@example.com
About the organisation
SNAICC is a national non-governmental peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. We work for the fulfilment of the rights of our children, in particular to ensure their safety, development and well-being.
We are here to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families by:
- advocating through various channels for government support
- developing practical tools, resources and information
- sharing examples of innovation, good practice and critical support
- ensuring children maintain strong connection to their community, Country and culture
How to apply
Applications must include:
- A brief cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position
- Written responses to how you meet each of the key selection criteria, including short examples demonstrating your proficiency for each criteria
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications, relevant to the SNAICC Senior Policy and Research Officer role
- Names and contact details for two or more recent referees
All applicants will be notified of the progress or outcome of their application. The successful applicant will be required to have or obtain a current Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For general information about SNAICC, visit the SNAICC website.
For specific questions about the role please contact:
John Burton, Social Policy and Research Manager on 0401 878 063
Please quote in application: SNAICC Senior Policy and Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Families, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research