About the role
CatholicCare Victoria’s Therapeutic Residential Care program provides care and support to young people aged 12 to 18 years, who are referred through the Child Protection system.
The Team Leader, Residential Care supports an enhanced response to delivering Therapeutic Residential care that is designed to create trusting, nurturing relationships with a small network of House Workers. With the advice and support of the Therapeutic Practitioner, House Workers provide relational experiences with therapeutic intent that support young people to recover from adverse experiences of abuse, neglect and trauma.
The Team Leader, Residential Care holds team leader responsibility for two Therapeutic Residential Care 2-bed care homes located in the Horsham area, to ensure the effective and efficient coordination of the program.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- In collaboration with the Therapeutic Practitioner ensuring the establishment and embedding of a therapeutic care environment and therapeutic care practices within the care home.
- Providing coordination to the operations of the care home.
- Providing formal line management supervision to the four Senior House Workers and the Education and Vocation Specialist.
- Planning and facilitating the Residential Care program meetings.
To be considered for this position, you will require:
- Degree qualification with substantial experience or post-graduate qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline.
- Post-graduate training (or undertaking) in relevant child, adolescent and family therapeutic practice is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the out of home care sector, Child Protection system and the relevant legislative and practice frameworks; with demonstrated experience working in the sector, preferably in residential care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of trauma informed therapeutic care.
About the organisation
CatholicCare Victoria is a leading and influential provider of charitable and social services in Victoria. The Mission of CatholicCare Victoria is to build communities that recognise and nurture the dignity of each person. Our employees share our Mission for a stronger, more inclusive society through supporting individuals, families and communities in times of need, especially those who are most disadvantaged, vulnerable and/or marginalised.
We deliver excellence in a broad range of child, family and youth services, family relationship services, school counselling and pastoral care services, social housing, employment and advocacy services across various office locations and delivery sites in Victoria.
We draw on the principles of Catholic Social Teaching to inspire and direct our endeavours. We value and respect human dignity, and embrace diversity in an inclusive work environment.
At CatholicCare Victoria we offer:
- A family friendly working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Salary packaging for eligible staff.
We embrace, value and respect an inclusive environment where diversity is celebrated.
We are committed to the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
How to apply
For further information and how to apply, visit our website www.catholiccarevic.org.au
Enquiries to: Benita Marson, Manager, Victims Program & Youth Services on 5337 8937
Applications close: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Applications are required to be submitted to: email@example.com for your application to be considered.
Please ensure your application includes a cover letter, resume and responses to the key requirements in the position description which is attached to the advertisement on our website.
The successful applicant must have right to work in Australia.
Should you require cultural or other support in submitting your application, please contact our People and Culture Department on 03 5337 8999.
Should you require information in alternative formats, please contact our People and Culture Department on 03 5337 8999.
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all CatholicCare Victoria workers to have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 22 October 2021 and to be fully vaccinated by 26 November 2021, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Residential Care via Pro Bono Australia.