About the organisation
About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Maximum Term role based in Shepparton
About the opportunity
This role will work to increase employment and economic inclusion of Victorians who are long-term unemployed or at risk of long-term unemployment by building the work-readiness and resilience of jobseekers to gain and sustain work that meets their needs and aspirations.
The role will also support Victorian employers to meet their skills and labour needs by connecting them to suitable jobseekers and deliver broad benefits to jobseekers, their families and communities through their increased social and economic engagement
The role will also complement and address gaps in existing services, including Commonwealth employment services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification would be highly regarded, however not essential
- Experience working in a target driven environment
- Experience working with multicultural and newly arrived communities
- Fluent speaking in Arabic, Swahilli, Kikonga etc would be an advantage
- Experience dealing with complex individuals and situations
- Experience in cold calling/marketing
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 26 January 2022
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Rob McAdam, Team Leader on 0481 456 736
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking. It is a condition of employment that all eligible workforce in Victoria receive the COVID-19 vaccination and supporting evidence may be requested in order to perform duties at any of Uniting’s workplaces.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Employment Mentor via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Children, #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Drug_Alcohol_and_Addiction, #Education_and_Employment, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Families, #Foundations_Trusts_and_Philanthropy, #Health_–_General, #Homelessness_and_Affordable_Housing, #Humanitarian, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Media, #Men, #Mental_Health, #Social_Enterprise, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People