About the organisation
About the role
Canteen and the Child & Youth Cancer Alliance
As part of a newly formed Child and Youth Cancer Alliance, Camp Quality and Canteen are working together to provide holistic support for 0-25 year-olds with cancer and their families.
The Alliance has secured Australian Government funding to develop an online hub where parents can access all the practical and emotional support services their family needs. The program will see the consolidation of the Alliance’s services into a single, easy access support hub for children, young people and families.
In this newly created position you will have the opportunity to shape this first of its kind program within child and youth cancer. The key focus of this role is to lead and support a national team of cancer navigators, whose primary remit is to link families of young cancer patients with appropriate supports within hospital and community based services.
Responsibilities include –
- Managing a caseload of complex clients
- Mapping key internal and external stakeholders
- People management including recruitment and mentoring of cancer navigators
- Establishing referral pathways to key community organisations
- Close liaison with hospital-based paediatric and adult oncology in each state and territory
Benefits & Culture
- Professional development opportunities
- Receive significant executive level commitment and support
- Tax-effective salary packaging & Generous leave entitlements
- You will be employed by a highly regarded national organisation
Current National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check
Your career to date will have you supporting young people and families impacted by complex or life limiting illness and navigating the complicated health system. Alongside tertiary qualifications in an allied health, nursing or psychology, further skills required are:
- Project management and planning skills
- Demonstrated experience in management/ leadership within health or community sectors.
- Experience in delivering case management and/or clinical intervention within child, youth or health focused settings
If you’re motivated to support young people facing the challenges of cancer, your expression of interest should include a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume quoting #844480. Alternatively, contact Hayley Martin in Sydney on 8243 0570.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Cancer Navigator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Families, #Health_–_General, #Mental_Health, #Youth_and_Young_People