About the organisation
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Wyndham City Youth Services is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of the young people in one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. We are proud to represent young people, their diversity, freedom, and creativity.
Currently, young people make over 17% of the total Wyndham population, with this comes a distinct need for youth related services. Every day we strive to keep young people engaged, inspired and feeling part of the community through a range of programs, events and support.
Our growing service if made up of 42 employees and work across four locations across Wyndham and our state-of-the-art mobile youth facility. We run more than 340 programs and events annually and engage a total of 15,000 young people and their families into our service annually.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply for our job opportunities. Our commitment is to provide safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.
About the role
A bit about the role
An exciting leadership opportunity is available within Wyndham City Youth Services unit for a Youth Engagement and Projects Team Leader. This opportunity will suit an experienced supervision and strategic project manager who is inspired by the prospect of support and empowering team members. This role will be responsible for the strategic development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of numerous existing projects aimed at building young people’s capacity and assisting diverse young people within Wyndham to thrive.
In the position you will be responsible for managing a team of Youth Participation and Project officers as well as the cultural team, overseeing all aspects of the day to day operations and build strong partnerships with local stakeholders and internal Council areas. Additionally, you will be responsible for researching and identifying funding opportunities and managing the development of targeted activities and projects for young people that respond to their needs and that are framed within a youth participation and strengths-based approach.
What you’ll deliver
- Manage the development, implementation and evaluation of a broad range of projects ensuring they are appropriate to the needs of young people and promote leadership and participation
- Leadership and supervision to staff to ensure the quality management of operational resources and program delivery
- Proactive project coordination, including meeting key performance indicators and reporting for external funding agreements
- Develop strategic policies, service models and frameworks that foster the inclusion of Wyndhams diverse young people
- Develop and maintain partnerships and relationships across Council, the community, key service providers and government agencies
- Consultation and engagement with young people, service providers and community organisations to identify community needs and local priorities.
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in staff and team management, with well developed strategies for team development, management, supervision and managing people in changing environments
- Substantial experience in working directly and collaboratively with young people, volunteers and community organisations in the delivery of programs for young people
- Ability to research, design, deliver, evaluate and report on outcomes that address the needs of diverse young people, their families and community
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships and stakeholder relationships.
- Highly effective communication and teamwork skills, and computer literacy
- Degree qualification in Youth Work, Community Development, Social Work or a related discipline and relevant experience in the generalist Youth Sector or lesser formal qualification and substantial relevant experience in the Youth Sector as a practitioner
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader Youth Engagement & Projects via Pro Bono Australia.