About the organisation
For more than 30 years, we have been working to advocate for equal rights, opportunities, and enhanced outcomes for families.
Join us as we launch a new program and initiative of Carers Queensland, funded by the Department of Social Services, and piloted over the next two and a half years.
The program will deliver an end-to-end vocational coaching model to support client-centred outcomes and measurable social and economic benefits.
Carers Queensland is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the diverse needs of the people we support. Carers Queensland is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability, and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and the LGBTIQ community. Carers Queensland encourages applicants to advise this information in their cover letter, so that we can meet the needs of each applicant. Carers Queensland actively seeks to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients.
About the role
About the role – Do you want to…
- Join us as a Vocational Coach, providing continuity of mentoring/coaching for Carers for our pilot program Your Caring Way
- Use your experience to conduct Vocational Needs Assessments, develop individualised Vocational Plans, and conduct coaching sessions with carers to support goal achievement and overcoming barriers.
- Provide soft-skill training sessions to carers on vocationalreadiness topics
- Highly skilled in interview, assessment and general motivational coaching/counselling methodologies?
- A team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative and professionally and ethically represent Carers Queensland?
- Able to demonstrate efficient and effective strategies to positively assist carers in overcoming severe and/or multiple non-vocational barriers to employment?
Do you have …
- Diploma of Coaching/Counselling qualification or similar coaching/counselling experience highly desirable. Relevant tertiary qualification/s?
- Demonstrated experience in the Employment Services or similar industry?
- Demonstrated experience applying a person-centred approach in case management working with disadvantaged job seekers experiencing multiple barriers, with a focus on returning them to the workforce?
- Demonstrated motivational, coaching and/or counselling skills and high-level problem-solving skills?
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support service continuity and client outcomes?
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work for a peak industry body in Queensland
- Attractive Remuneration Package of CSW4.1 – $74,433.53 per annum plus super
- Excellent Not-for-Profit Tax Benefits available
- Monthly accrued days off available
- A flexible and supportive work environment where your contribution is valued
- Laptop and phone supplied
- Work from Home days available
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Vocational Coach via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Employment_Services