About the organisation
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional leader with a passion for making the world a better place.
We are a design and innovation company, built on purpose. We spend our days designing more inclusive systems and sustainable futures. We do this with strategic and digital design.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our team and lead one of our four multi-disciplinary teams and client portfolios. Your days will be spent collaborating with incredibly talented, go-getting, interesting, curious, lovely, and passionate people—all with a fundamentally shared sense of purpose.
You will be an effective people leader, with experience supporting multidisciplinary team members in a project-led environment. You will have experience delivering digital and/or strategic design outcomes.
As a Client Partner at Today, you will lead engagements with key clients in your portfolio establishing meaningful partnerships, resulting in valuable societal and environmental impact. You will have extensive design and digital experience to identify the optimal way forward for our clients.
You demonstrate strategic leadership and a great ability to drive organisational change through design. You should be adept at creating and driving client development plans, leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver impactful work, and building client trust through results.
We encourage applications from First Nations Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTIQA+) people.
- At least three years of experience leading and supporting a large team—preferably a multi-disciplinary team in an agency context. You have demonstrated excellent results in supporting and developing a team of curious, passionate, and dedicated individuals
- A proven ability to deliver growth in revenue and repeat business by successfully building and nurturing deep client relationships
- Experience writing proposals, managing a pipeline of proposals, with an excellent track record of success
- Demonstrated experience communicating and delivering broad strategic initiatives to key, senior stakeholders
- Sound understanding of various delivery methodologies such as lean product development and development agile (Scrum/Kanban) etc.
- Comfort with data and performance metrics to report up to leadership (revenue reporting, team performance, efficiency reporting etc.)
- Integrity, passion, and ability to drive social and environmental change
You will spend your days:
- Leading and supporting a happy and successful team (~10 people) that is producing impactful, best-in-class work. Your success is measured by the success of those around you
- Managing a strong pipeline of work for both new business and existing clients
- Transforming our clients’ organisations, by leveraging insight and ideation to solve complex challenges and help them realise their strategic vision
- Driving client development plans on your key accounts to identify growth opportunities
- Guiding your team to deliver world-class thinking, presentations, and meaningful innovation across brands, products, services, and experiences
- Collaborating closely with our multi-disciplinary teams to ensure excellent project outcomes
- Writing proposals, presenting to clients
- Working with a bunch of talented people who all share the same vision that we can change this world for the better
- Supporting your team to share their knowledge and experiences to build capability and confidence
We work on work with purpose. Our projects see us finding solutions to big, complex challenges around climate, care and communities.
Above all else, we strive to protect our team’s capacity for resilience and their general wellbeing. This goes beyond our dog-friendly workplace and regular pub lunches as a team.
- We offer a compelling career framework and learning budget to support your growth
- Today is a truly flexible workplace to make space for and values the other important parts of your life, including generous parental leave and your birthday off
- You are actively empowered to help shape the business, the work we do and the impact we create
- We have an open workplace culture that asks for everyone’s input and is constantly welcoming new ideas and ways of working
- We aspire to create the perfect conditions for creatives to do their best work, work they are proud of, work that makes a difference
Learn more about our values, commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality and the way we work at today.design/careers.
We are Australia’s most awarded social impact agency.
We use design and technology to make change happen, at pace and at scale. In the last 12 months, we’ve designed and built Australia’s first online family violence intervention order, established a new approach to co-design for the Victorian mental health sector, built a peer-to-peer product that helps people learn Auslan, and launched a campaign to shift mainstream perceptions of climate change—plus many more.
Our practice is built on strong foundations of human-centred design and digital making. There are 50 of us (soon to be 60), based mostly in Melbourne, working across strategy, research, design, content, delivery and a wonderful support team.
You’ll experience a welcoming environment filled with smart, fun and caring people from a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines, who are passionate about creativity, making change, and learning from each other.
Your expertise will be appreciated while you get busy making change in sectors like:
- arts, culture and public spaces
- children, youth and families
- cities, transport and housing
- climate, nature and energy
- financial wellbeing
- First Nations
- health, wellbeing and care
- public service
- rural and regional communities, and
- sustainable economy
How to apply
Apply for this role through Workable.
Please quote in application: Client Partner / Group Account Director via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Aged_Care_and_Seniors, #Arts_and_Culture, #Bcorp, #Community_Engagement, #Consulting, #DomesticFamily_Violence, #Indigenous, #IT_and_Communication_Technology, #Law_Justice_and_Human_Rights, #Women, #Youth_and_Young_People