About the organisation
Whether it’s everyday emergencies or in times of crisis, Foodbank Victoria is an independent not-for-profit organisation providing food relief to individuals and families experiencing hardship.
We have been putting meals on the table for vulnerable Victorians since 1930; meeting them where they are, on their terms, with solutions they need. Not only do we provide food to over 530 charities so they can feed their communities, but our direct distribution of free healthy food is also growing at a fast rate. From our 23-metre supermarket on a bus and Farms to Families fresh food regional markets, to our School Breakfast Club Program which now services over 1,000 Victorian schools, our coverage is expanding.
About the role
Why we are right for you
You thrive on the challenge of attracting and retaining major and high value donors, managing philanthropic foundations, and generating private sector income in a highly competitive space. You appreciate bold, visionary programs that explore new frontiers, and you share our passion for ensuring every Victorian has access to fresh, healthy food.
What you’ll do
- Lead, develop and implement strategies designed to cultivate successful relationships with major donors and philanthropic organisations.
- Manage the Philanthropy program budget and income forecasting to ensure targets are met.
- Develop and manage a donor prospecting and stewardship program, including all communication, events, tours, and meetings.
- Manage a portfolio of existing donors to ensure their ongoing support of Foodbank.
- Develop campaigns and materials to develop positive donor and funding relationships and attract new donors – including cases for support and the infrastructure project register.
Why you’re right for us
With a proven track record in philanthropy, you can demonstrate achievement of annual income targets and experience in major gift fundraising and/or managing high net worth individuals. Your strong understanding of the philanthropic landscape and current trends, and well-established professional networks in industry, business and philanthropic community will deliver major new supporters. Your experience in the application and acquittal process of Federal and State government grants, means you know how to set us up for success.
We can offer you
- Permanent full-time position
- An attractive salary with access to salary packaging benefits
- Staff satisfaction rates above 80%
- An organisation focused on employee wellbeing.
- Engaging and social team culture
How to apply
Sounds like you?
- Get to know us before you apply at www.foodbankvictoria.org.au
- Email your application to email@example.com
- Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
- Please contact Tracey Stewart on 03 9362 8399 for any questions.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Support_Services, #Other