About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community service providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
About the role
If you’re an experienced or new/upcoming graduate in Occupational Therapy with a completed placement and/or interest in the Mental Health space, then our diverse and welcoming Allied Health team in Narre Warren would love to hear from you!
You’ll be passionate about providing evidence-based therapeutic interventions to assist clients to achieve their goals in relation to daily living, community life and health & wellbeing.
You will bring an eagerness to learn and grow within a community organisation that aims to provide health, hope and opportunity to everyone.
What you’ll be doing
No two days will be the same! You will be working within a small team of Mental Health OT’s who provide NDIS outreach therapy to customers in their homes or community in the areas of Casey, Cardinia and Greater Dandenong Regions.
We offer a unique learning program that is customised to your interests and skillsets. You will be given a diverse gradual caseload build-up to help you learn and grow with confidence at EACH. Bringing your skills/experience and learnings in occupational therapy and mental health within the Social Model of Health, you will deliver community support within a mental health recovery framework.
Areas of practice will include providing interventions focused on motivation, daily skills building, routine and time use, coping skills, sensory modulation
You will be responsible for building relationships, collaborating effectively with clients, families, colleagues, stakeholders and other service providers and communicating well with other professionals, families and the community, as well as clinical administration tasks including report writing for NDIS reviews.
Who you’ll be working with
Reporting to the Team Leader/Senior Occupational Therapist you will be well supported clinically in your day-to-day, as well as being part of an amazing growing cohesive team of Mental Health OT’s and Behaviour Support Practitioners!
In addition, you will be working with other professionals at Narre Warren within a variety of disciplines, our team is dedicated to giving customers the best possible support.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our team. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best.
- Frequent individual supervision, group supervision and monthly region-wide discipline-specific mentoring.
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop through individualised professional development
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave and ADO’s
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Novated leasing arrangements
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Occupational Therapist - Mental Health (Graduate/Experienced) via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Mental_Health