About the organisation
About the role
Are you experienced in building relationships and connecting with the hearts and minds of donors?
Do you have a great track record of working with supporters at all stages of the major gift continuum, ensuring they are connected, engaged and excited to keep giving?
Are you passionate about the health of our community and familiar with initiatives that drive better public health, including research?
A new team structure has created this extraordinary opportunity to utilise your relationship fundraising expertise within a significant national fundraising program through:
- Excellent storytelling, influencing skills and sound communication to present proposals and convey outcomes and impact of philanthropic investment
- Best practice fundraising systems, strategies, and systems
- Building internal capacity and a positive team culture.
As part of a small national team and reporting to the Philanthropy Lead, you will have responsibility for identifying and qualifying new and existing private donors and philanthropic trusts and foundations.
You will work with the wider Heart Foundation team to develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for your portfolio. Matching each donor’s passions with our life-saving programs, you will use your proven communication skills to prepare and present cases for support, make ‘the ask’ and provide exemplar stewardship. (It’s also important that you know how to handle objections and rejections).
- Successfully manage donor relationships at all stages of the continuum and support the delivery of the Heart Foundation’s national philanthropy strategy
- Contribute to regular internal reports to track success, challenges and overall progress towards the philanthropy program goals
- Support the development of a high performing and collaborative team culture.
The Heart Foundation is Australia’s leading heart health charity, committed to helping Australians lead healthier lifestyles and encouraging those most at risk to take better care of their heart health. Our 2021-2023 Connecting Hearts Strategy is focused on our life saving work in Research, Support & Care and Risk Reduction, to reduce heart disease and improve quality of life of all people in Australia.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience in major gifts and philanthropy programs
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of building successful relationships with HNW donors, philanthropic trusts and foundations, and a diverse range of other internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to connect the hearts and minds of donors on scale through compelling storytelling and case studies, together with evidence, research, data, and impact
- Financial literacy and budget management
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Proven experience across the systems, processes, code of ethics and operations that underpin best practice fundraising
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, Raiser’s Edge (RE NXT) and other databases
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, fundraising (CFRE) or business development will be viewed favourably.
Our team believe in our purpose, they are proud to work at the Heart Foundation where they have the opportunity to make a difference every day through challenging and meaningful work. We promote active living and support our employees to have healthy work life balance.
- Generous Salary Packaging
- A positive and supportive culture
- Additional day of leave at Christmas
- Programs and initiatives that focus on your wellbeing at work
Gembridge Australia is proud to partner with Heart Foundation.
Forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter and CV. For a confidential discussion, please contact Michelle Varcoe on 03 8375 9661.
The Heart Foundation is committed to creating a safe and inclusive work environment for all. We strive to represent the communities we serve and recognise the skills, knowledge and experience a diverse team brings to our organisation. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.