About the organisation
Established in 1981, SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is the National Peak Body in Australia for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. SNAICC’s vision is that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families are protected, our communities determine their own futures, and our cultural identity is valued.
We work to amplify the voice of community and the sector for the fulfilment of the rights of our children.
SNAICC is governed by a Board of Directors: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders from the early years, child safety, development and well- being sectors.
SNAICC plays a key role in the following areas:
- Community and sector voice: SNAICC engages with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community and the sector to understand their needs and aspirations and give a strong voice to these perspectives. We also communicate back to and with community on key issues, programs and projects;
- Research, policy and leadership: SNAICC seeks to understand and share what works to drive better outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families and translate this into policy and practice;
- Sector development: SNAICC works with and supports the sector to enhance the quality, access and sustainability of services.
About the role
- Full-time position, preferably based in SNAICC’s Melbourne office, but potential to work remotely with the SNAICC team from another Australian location.
- Two-year term. Potential for extension subject to funding.
- Salary range between $92,000 to $98,000 per annum depending on experience, plus 10% superannuation and salary packaging
Are you passionate about advancing the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children?
The SNAICC Senior Policy & Research Officer will support SNAICC’s policy outcomes by enhancing the research and policy development capacity of SNAICC. They will provide high-level evidence informed policy analysis of issues relating to SNAICC’s objectives and the rights and needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children.
The Officer will research and draft high quality policy and research papers, briefings, reports, submissions, resources for services, fact sheets and media releases.
The Officer reports to the SNAICC Principal Policy and Research Officer, and works closely with the wider SNAICC team, SNAICC Board and Council members and key stakeholders to grow the work of SNAICC to build a strong national voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families.
This opportunity is ideal for an exceptional individual with demonstrated experience in policy and research, an in depth understanding of issues impacting upon Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, and strong commitment to the rights, needs and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander controlled organisation, and is actively working towards a substantially Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce.
For general information about SNAICC, visit the SNAICC website.
For specific questions about the role please contact:
John Burton – Manager Policy & Research, SNAICC on M 0401 878 063.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: SNAICC Senior Policy and Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Children, #Community_Engagement, #Families, #Indigenous, #Other, #ResearchMedical_Research