About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Prevention Division aims to reduce the risk of cancer in the Victorian population through social marketing, advocacy, professional education and providing advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to support health and wellbeing. Our programs include: SunSmart, Quit Victoria, Achievement Program, Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation (SEDI), the Obesity Policy Coalition, and alcohol policy.
Achieving equitable outcomes for all Victorians is a priority for Cancer Council Victoria. The Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation program (SEDI) aims to mobilise the community by working in partnership with stakeholders to deliver community-based programs, implementing innovative media and communications activities and engaging with the primary care and workforce sector to support equitable participation in cancer screening, early detection and HPV immunisation.
About the role
About your opportunity
We are seeking an Early Detection Manager to join the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Head of Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation your role is to:
- Lead key campaigns, programs and policy projects to meet Cancer Council’s strategic priority to advocate for and deliver evidence-based early detection initiatives
- Oversee the effective delivery of externally funded initiatives, ensuring the successful achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes. This includes strategic and operational planning and implementation, budgeting and reporting.
- Maintain productive relationships with government and other stakeholders, including the management and negotiation of service agreements and program deliverables and development of collaborative strategy frameworks.
- Identify emerging issues, data, trends and evidence related to screening and early detection policy and practice.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in public health, health promotion or a related field
- Substantial relevant experience in developing, implementing and evaluating health related programs and campaigns in a state-wide setting
- Proven experience in strategy development and implementation, including experience in leading organisations, stakeholders and teams to develop and operationalise state-wide level strategies
- Proven experience in a leadership role, involving staff management and development
- Experience working in or with government, engaging with funders and meeting contractual obligations
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, visit https://cancer-council-vic.applynow.net.au/jobs/CCV102 to download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. For more information contact Dianne.Eggins@cancervic.org.au
Please quote in application: Early Detection Manager via Pro Bono Australia.