About the organisation
headspace Batemans Bay provides early intervention mental health services to young people between ages 12-25 years old, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing through provision of effective, evidence-based interventions. At the earliest possible point when the problem emerges, services are provided across four core streams: primary health, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and social/vocational support.
Relationships Australia Canberra & Region is the lead agency for headspace Batemans Bay and is supported by a Consortium. Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
About the role
The Clinical Educator will be responsible with supporting student and graduate placements at the headspace Centre and developing and maintaining relationships with relevant universities. There will be an expectation for the Clinical Educator to provide clinical intervention services to young people presenting at the centre.
Your new role
In consultation with the Manager and Clinical lead, headspace Batemans Bay, the Clinical Educator will:
- Coordinate student placements for the centre and maintain relationships with relevant universities
- Support the onboarding and induction of students
- Engage in other stakeholder engagement activities that assist in successful delivery of student placements at the service
- Where appropriate, provide task supervision, mentorship, and support to students and graduates
What you’ll need to succeed
- Approved degree and registration in Social Work, Psychology or Occupational Therapy
- A minimum 3 years’ clinical experience in a mental health setting post qualification and be eligible to provide clinical supervision
- Knowledge, experience, and demonstrated passion for, and interest in, the health and welfare issues affecting young people and improving health outcomes
- Awareness and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory frameworks informing the mental health of young people
For a full list of selection criteria, please refer to the position description found via https://racr.org.au/about-us/employment
This is a part- time (15 hours a week), fixed-term position to 30 June 2023, with the possibility of extension, based in Batemans Bay, NSW.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation in a position where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Educator via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Development, #Community_Engagement, #Community_Support_Services, #Education_and_Training, #Employment_Services, #Youth_and_Young_People