About the organisation
About the role
LGBTIQ+ Health Australia (LHA) represents organisations and individuals that work to improve the health and wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other sexuality, sex and gender diverse people (LGBTIQ+).
The mission is to provide a national focus to improve health outcomes for LGBTIQ+ people through policy, advocacy, representation, research evidence, and capacity building.
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of LGBTIQ+ communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Drive cultural change as part of the executive team.
- Flexible working arrangements
The corporate services director ensures that operations are managed efficiently and effectively. The role holds responsibility for the organisation’s financial, human resources, governance and operational management with the assistance of external human resources, IT and accounting services.
A crucial aspect of this role is to have strategic vision for the corporate services functions and support LHA staff to maximise efficiencies and organisational standards. This role is a member of LHA’s leadership team, and manages a small team.
Principal duties include people and organisational change, oversight of financial management & reporting, planning & project management, compliance, operations, human resources, systems and procedures & governance management.
You’re an experienced corporate services, finance, HR or administration manager and have developed your career and reputation as an inspirational leader in government or community focused sectors including LGBTIQ+, health, human rights, social justice, environment, community law/housing or the Union movement.
Specifically, you will also require:
- Experience or understanding of legislative, regulatory and compliance requirements, ideally for a company limited by guarantee with charitable status.
- Experience in planning and implementing strategies to bring about organisational change.
- Excellent communication skills especially the ability to coordinate support in a geographically diverse network of people and organisations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organisational skills to manage the corporate services team and work closely with the board.
If working in a LGBTIQ+ community via a highly effective peak body is a career and personal goal then please contact Hayley Martin on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest, or apply by sending a cover letter addressing the skills required above and a CV.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Corporate Services Director via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Health_–_General, #LGBTIQ