About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
About the role
- Newly created role within the Employment services division |Based in Sydney East Metro
- Full Time Fixed Term contract until June 2023 |Fortnightly day off |Hybrid working model
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
Do you want to work with a leading purpose driven, community-based organisation?
SSI’s vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families to reach their potential.
About the Program
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
About the Role
The Disability Employment Services (DES) Consultant is a frontline role working directly with job seekers who have been referred onto the Disability Employment Services (DES) program with the underlying purpose to increase workforce participation for people with disabilities and directly case manage job seekers to be able to move into the workforce. This can be achieved through engaging customer service, individual and group coaching and support, individualized assistance, and customised interventions. Post placement support to employers and jobseekers is provided when job seekers are placed in employment, this is done through regularly following with employers, placed job seekers, and external stakeholders and creating ongoing relationships and support.
As a DES Consultant, you will be working with a diverse range of people and employer networks to achieve employment outcomes through ongoing mentoring and support.
You will have a highly empowering style with the ability to facilitate group learning activities. You will be passionate about enhancing customer experience and motivated to succeed with a proven track record in meeting KPIs, building relationships and displaying a resilient can do attitude.
- Certificate IV in Employment Services, Career Development, Disability Services, or other similar qualification, desirable or be willing to work towards
- Case management and experience interacting with job seekers both in groups and also one-on-one
- Customer centric approach and the ability to work towards customer service standards, KPIs, and targets
- Good working knowledge of local, state and national labour markets
- Ability to show empathy
- Proven business development, sales or marketing ability including excellent communication skills, high level negotiation skills, and persuasive ability
- Strong ethics, accountability, and integrity
- Previous experience working in the Disability Employment Services sector and an understanding of working with long term unemployed job seekers is DESIRABLE
- Understanding of the challenges facing people with a disability or mental illness entering the workforce, or any lived experience in this area is DESIRABLE
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About our Recruitment Process
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Employment Services (DES) Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Disabilities, #Employment_Services