About the organisation
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency road, aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) offers Non-Emergency Patient Transport primarily in Victoria and New South Wales. We work with a large fleet of ambulances and support our transport services with RFDS aircraft.
MPC provides clinical care for people travelling from home to hospital, hospital to hospital and hospital to home, as well as transport to and from specialist clinics.
About the role
About the role
Flying Doctor Mobile Patient Care are currently seeking applications from Ambulance Attendants and Paramedics for full-time ongoing positions in your area.
RFDS MPC pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality patient care and treatment during the on-road transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. As a recognised leader within the Non-Emergency Patient Transport (NEPT) industry, we offer world-class, structured training and induction, opportunities for professional growth and supportive and inclusive organisational culture:
The Team Leader, Clinician and Audit, provides leadership and management for clinicians and clinical auditing function which enables mobile patient crews to deliver safe, efficient and professional clinical care and transport in line with regulations, scope of practice and organisational policies and procedures.
Key accountabilities include:
- Modelling high level leadership attributes and maintaining high levels of clinical competency
- Proactively identify and resolve operation service delivery issues
- Developing processes and delivering clinical auditing programs in line with contracts and regulations
- Identifying trends and staff needs addressing specific skills and training gaps through audits and clinician functions
- Contributing to operational service delivery policy development
Skills and competencies required:
- ATA qualifications and patient transport experience
- Clinical Instructor qualifications and experience (preferred)
- Cert IV in Workplace Assessment and Training (preferred)
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide evidence of the following vaccinations:
- Hepatitis B
- Chicken Pox
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis
- Annual Influenza
- COVID-19 (2 vaccinations + booster)
All positions are subject to a National Police Check and holding a Working with Children Check and a full valid Victorian Drivers Licence
What can working for RFDS offer you:
- Work for Australia’s most reputable charity (11 out of 12 years) and most trusted charity (last 3 years)
- Work for your community as part of a team providing high-quality non-emergency patient care in an organisation committed to staff and patient safety and wellbeing.
- Generous penalties and overtime allowances
- Access to salary packaging for all employees, including our casuals
- A less stressful environment than in emergency/pre-hospital care
- Supported opportunities to work at different locations across the state.
Please note: This position is a full-time fixed-term position until 30 June 2024 located at Essendon Airport with flexible working arrangements.
The Royal Flying Doctors Service, Victoria, is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of underrepresented backgrounds to apply, including but not limited to, those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTQI communities. Please note all applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Why You'll love working here
Work from home
Professional development assistance
Employee mentoring program
How to apply
Please quote in application: TEAM LEADER – CLINICIANS AND AUDITS via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Support_Services, #Education_and_Training, #Health_–_General