About the Role
100 Story Building is a centre for young writers in Footscray. In our very tall (or very deep?) building, we deliver creative storytelling workshops for schools, families and young people to support them in a love of reading and writing. Operating since 2012, our mission is to provide opportunities for the most marginalised children and young people in our community to build the literacy skills, confidence and sense of belonging that are fundamental to future success.
The 100 Story Building board is currently recruiting for new directors to guide a small team with big ideas about delivering impact in the community. This is your opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction of our organisation by sharing your skills, knowledge and networks, helping us to achieve our social purpose of improving wellbeing and opportunities for culturally and linguistically diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged children and young people.
We are seeking passionate, committed people with strong, senior level experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Business strategy/development
- Social impact strategy/community development
Experience and knowledge of the following will be highly regarded:
- Governance (board or senior management level)
- Community networks and partnerships, especially in Melbourne’s west
- Gender, culturally, mobility and linguistically diverse communities
- Social enterprise
- Programming for children and young people
The 100 Story Building Board meets bi-monthly in Footscray (6 meetings per year). Directors are expected to prepare for meetings and follow through on agreed work, contribute time and financial resources as appropriate, share their networks and attend events. We would prefer directors who can also serve on relevant sub-committees, with an additional commitment of up to 6 meetings per year.
Board directorships are voluntary, unpaid positions appointed for a term of 3 years. People from culturally and linguistically diverse and/or Indigenous backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Your expression of interest should include a CV listing relevant experience (including board and other leadership positions), and address the following questions:
- What aspects of 100 Story Building interest you as a potential board member?
- How do you see your skills and experience contributing to the organisation?
- Give us an example of an organisational challenge you have helped solve or a strategy you have implemented successfully.
- How much time can you contribute to the organisation (ie. as a board member only or also on a subcommittee)?
For enquiries please contact Lachlann Carter, CEO, on (03) 9044 8215. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest close 14 December 2018. Suitable applicants will be interviewed by the Board Recruitment Committee, and shortlisted candidates will be reviewed by the current 100 Story Building board.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 90448215
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: 100 Story Building – New Board Directors via Pro Bono Australia.