About the role
Purpose of the role is to maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organisation, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
* Do the day to day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting including grant management and budget review and analysis.
* Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures.
* Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and work closely with the CEO to ensure that receivables in MYOB are reconciled with the salesforce data at any given time.
* Review expense coding to ensure grant compliance and tag all eligible costs including AP, Credit card, staff reimbursement to restricted grants and contracts on monthly basis.
* Review and process credit card expenses reports and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis.
* Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
* Prepare and analyse the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program.
* Meet regularly with department heads to review budgetary allowances and expenses, and to ensure that each area’s financial records are reconciled by month end
* Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
* Involved in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting.
* Assist with FBT and BASE returns to ATO.
* Work with internal personnel and (if needed) outside stakeholders.
* Assist eternal auditors in reviewing processes and workflow by providing reports and supporting documentation, and by contributing personal knowledge and analysis.
Job skills & Qualifications:
* Degree in accounting, Finance or other related field from an accredited institution.
* 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or other role involving financial analysis.
* Strong organisational and communication skills.
* Good knowledge of MYOB.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0451808158
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.