About the role
Seaside Scavenge is a small team of passionate people delivering innovative litter and waste recovery programs and events to communities across Australia with the mission to empower people to see rubbish as a resource.
As Seaside Scavenge grows, so too does the governance and financial responsibility of the organisation. To date, the Chair has been acting Treasurer taking responsibility for managing the finances of the organisation.
Now, we will be passing that torch to an experienced and reliable individual who can manage our monthly finances. Being a small team we would like our newest Scavenger to the team to be able to commit to at least 12 months volunteering with Seaside Scavenge. Let’s call this Scavenger, Franky.
Franky will be responsible for:
- Maintaining MYOB
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Invoicing and receivables
- Updating forecasts and cashflow
- Monthly accounts
- Superannuation payments
- Tax returns and ASIC returns
- Tax payments
Franky’s interests & experience:
Franky is a committed and kind person who takes effort day-to-day to make this planet a better one. Franky enjoys:
- Being part of a mixed team of volunteers and paid staff
- Working independently and is self-directed
- Being flexible and adaptable to new tasks (all accounting related)
- Breaking down the complexities of the tax world into laymen’s terms
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with subject line ‘I am Franky the Accountant’ with the following and nothing else:
- Short cover letter on how you are Franky (no more than one-page)
- One page resume with relevant positions
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.