About the role
- Help us develop and deliver a plan for human rights activism (advocacy and community engagement) in Victoria
- Hang out and create impactful and systemic change with like-minded, passionate and awesome individuals
- Join a fun, supportive and inspiring team who love what they do, and know you will too
Our committee brings together the commitment, passion and skills of engaged and multi-skilled people from various backgrounds and professions.
We are a strategic group which focusses on motivating and coordinating hundreds of other volunteers to deliver projects, activities or events that support human rights change here in Australia and all around the world.
We contribute to the development of Amnesty International’s policies and campaigns, and help drive the direction of Amnesty International here in Australia.
Together, with millions of people around the world, we change people’s lives by standing up for injustice, challenging oppression and inequality, and promoting human rights and freedoms for all.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT
- Mentoring, training and support from staff and fellow activists
- Support managing your workload and promoting sustainable activism through self-care
- Experience being involved in a leadership position within an international human rights advocacy organisation
- Experience connecting with activists across the country and making a vital contribution to Amnesty’s human rights work
ABOUT AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL AUSTRALIA
We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, using our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
We stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
● Empowerment – we build people power
● Persistence – we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
● Integrity – we hold ourselves to the highest standards
● Courage – we are fearless in upholding human rights
Everyday we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
About the organisation
How to apply
Phone : 0407843130
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Activism Leadership Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.