About the Role
Our small charity is seeking a volunteer admin assistant to support the manager and organisation in carrying out many day-to-day operational aspects of the organisation.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
Hours are estimated to be between 5 and 15 hours per week and there are no set working hours. Workload can be largely carried out from your home using our cloud-based collaboration tools, although you are welcome to come into our office to carry out tasks.
- Database management and record keeping.
- Drafting and editing of internal and external documentation and guides.
- Assisting with responding to emails and phone calls, including logging and some coordination of tasks to peer support and office volunteers (if available).
- Assisting with postal mail and the scanning of documents.
- Assisting with ad hoc event tasks (room bookings, adverts, booking enquiries, food and drink pickup).
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- Collating content and pieces for our website, newsletters, and social media.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
- Good reading, writing, and research skills.
- Self-reliant and self-managing, with an eye for detail.
- Accurate record keeping skills.
- Experience with data entry and management.
- Fast learner and proficient with cloud-based software.
- MS Office suite skills.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Admin Assistant Application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Admin Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.