About the Role
Join a passionate, small team making a real difference in the lives of women experiencing disadvantage as they go through pregnancy, child birth and early parenting.
Birth for Humankind is seeking a volunteer with administration or office experience to support our team. The role includes general and financial administration. It would suit someone who is keen to build on their office skills, or someone with experience who wants to support our important work and be part of a small and friendly team.
Work with our COO and other team members to:
- Enter weekly invoices into MYOB
- Run monthly donation reports and enter data into MYOB
- Generate donation receipts as required
- Enter and update data in Better Impact database
- Assist in the coordination of events, for example booking venues, confirming registrations, preparing event materials
- Compile reports or research for team members as required
- Provide other administration support to team members as required
Requirements / Experience
You will bring:
- Office or administration experience
- Database experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Commitment to our mission and values
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
- Ability to commit to the role for at least six months
- Own laptop desirable (insurance provided)
Birth for Humankind welcomes and encourages expressions of interest from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
If you are interested in being our Administration Volunteer, please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the requirements/experience, and why you would like to volunteer for us, to email@example.com by 28 February 2019.
If you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Birth for Humankind
Established in 2014, Birth for Humankind is a not-for-profit charity organisation that provides birth support and education for women experiencing socio-economic disadvantage through their pregnancy and birth. With a dedicated core team of eight part-time employees, more than 50 volunteer doulas, a committed and ‘hands-on’ board, as well as a growing community of people passionate about promoting better birth outcomes and supporting women in need.
Our team culture is based on respect, collaboration, support and celebration. We welcome initiative, drive and independence – whilst working in a collaborative team approach.
Birth for Humankind is committed to child safety and wellbeing. All employees and volunteers must abide by our Child Safe Commitment Statement and Code of Conduct, and undergo a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
For more info about us you can visit our website at: www.birthforhumankind.org
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Administration Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.