About the Role
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to assist a Social Enterprise focused on education and support services at no cost to General Practitioners, including educational workshops, clinical audit and review programs. Our mission is to support best practice for chronic disease management in primary care and make a difference to patients, using ethically approved real-life research.
This is a hands-on role that will suit a self-starter, keen to get involved with what we do, able to communicate effectively and willing to tackle a range of tasks. The successful candidate will have responsibilities across a broad range of activities requiring a mature attitude and a range of skills. Reporting to the Contracts and Project Manager, the Administrative Assistant will perform a range of administrative and office support functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Handle incoming phone calls and written correspondence, providing prompt responses and forwarding to appropriate staff member where necessary
• Handle requests for information and follow up on events inscriptions
• Assist the Project Manager in the management and administration of related events
• Production, updating and managing programme participants paperwork
• Manage office supply inventories and coordinate maintenance of office equipment
• Ensure staff are notified in a timely manner of upcoming deadlines
• Assistance with report preparation
• Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, fax, posting and mailing
Previous administration experience preferred
Good spoken and written English
Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Smartsheet (preferred)
Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised
Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
Clinical background is an asset
Ability to communicate clearly and invite support and assistance from others where necessary
HOURS & LOCATION
This position requires a minimum 3 months commitment for 2 – 3 days per week
Hours to be negotiated – Flexible schedule for an average of 15 – 20 hours per week
Office location is in Dewar Terrace, Corinda. Parking is available and Corinda railway station is within easy reach.
BENEFITS & RECOGNITION
This position provides:
• $100 per week pocket money
• Morning tea and lunch included
• OPC will provide reference letter for all volunteers who successfully complete the placement
• Possibility of conversion to a work contract at the end of the placement for the right candidate
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience for administrative management students, unemployed ‘treasures’ and anyone with a passion for supporting our cause. Further Information and applications please write to firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume and any questions you might have. Please place “Administrator Assistant Role” + your name in the Subject line.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 000000000
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Administrative Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.