About the Role
Are you seeking a volunteer position genuinely affects positive change? Would you like to use your public speaking skills to directly impact the lives of disadvantaged Cambodian families?
Human and Hope Association Incorporated (HHA Inc.) are the Australian fundraising board supporting a grassroots community centre Human and Hope Association (HHA) in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Founded in 2011, HHA have developed from a nightly English school into a reputable NGO that is achieving great outcomes in collaboration with community members. Run entirely by a team of Cambodians, their mission is to empower Cambodians to create sustainable futures for themselves. They are achieving that through education, vocational training and community support projects.
HHA Inc. is a small organisation with a dynamic and driven volunteer board. Your actions will have a direct impact on the lives of the families with whom HHA works. You will have the ability to create and lead real change through your public speaking efforts.
HHA operates projects in the village in the Siem Reap area:
– Education programs for children including Preschool program, English program, Khmer program, library, living values and art class;
– 10-month long vocational Sewing Program for the most disadvantaged members of the community to gain useful skill and find paid work;
– Community projects including workshops, farming training and university scholarships; and
– Hope Handicrafts made at home by sewing program graduates which we sell online and through retailers and events.
We are looking for a passionate person based in Australia to be an advocate speaker for Human and Hope Association Incorporated.
The Advocate Speaking Volunteer is responsible for organising speaking opportunities at service clubs, events, schools and universities, and representing Human and Hope Association Cambodia at these engagements.
The Advocate Speaking Volunteer can expect to spend anywhere between 3 – 5 hours a month undertaking this role.
This role reports directly to the President of Human and Hope Association Incorporated.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Organise and undertake public speaking opportunities (e.g. at Rotary and Lions clubs) to raise awareness about Human and Hope Association Cambodia, voluntourism, child protection, education, vocational training, sustainability and local empowerment.
– Ensure a call to action in every presentation.
– Work closely with the President of Human and Hope Association Incorporated to develop a list of frequently asked questions at these engagements.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0424080186
Please quote in application: Advocate Speaking Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.