About the Role
Our Centre is governed by a volunteer committee who work to ensure the Centre achieves it vision, mission and strategic goals as well as fulfilling its ethical, legal, financial and constitutional obligations. The Centre’s committee is responsible for the governance of the Centre. An Executive Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Centre. The Committee is interested in strengthening and widening its membership and is actively recruiting members with a range of skills and abilities including:*
• Understanding, knowledge of and commitment to the local community
• Demonstrated understanding of the differing roles of Committee Members and Executive Officer
• An understanding of the elements of managing a not-for-profit agency
• Human resource, financial, legal and commercial competencies
• The ability to advocate on behalf of the agency and its participants with Government, at the Local, State and Federal levels
• Experience in strategic planning
• Experience or involvement in community agencies or service delivery to the community
• Experience or involvement in community education programs
*It is intended that the Committee as a whole should reflect these skills and experiences, rather than seeking all the listed competencies in each individual member of the Committee.
The 2015/2016 Annual Report is available on the Centre’s website.
An information package including an Expression of Interest Form is available to download from the Position Description option
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0417393897
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Ashburton Community Centre Committee of Managment Member via Pro Bono Australia.