About the Role
Our small charity is seeking a skilled and hard working pro bono/volunteer assistant manager, to actively assist in managing, coordinating, and carrying out our day to day workload and overseeing the tasks and contributions of some of our team members.
Since 1997, our charity has supported those in Western Australia with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now also Lyme disease. We are an unfunded and all-volunteer-run organisation.
This position is an unpaid pro bono or volunteer position. You will be contributing to helping us make a difference in the lives of others, while gaining career experience, and may also receive a Letter of Recommendation to assist you in your future career aspirations.
Hours are estimated to be 8 to 15 hours per week and there are no set working hours, aside from when attending an event, meeting, interview or training.
Overseeing, coordinating, and contributing to a wide range of tasks such as:
- Business development, sponsorships and corporate relationships, and government and stakeholder correspondence and meetings.
- Events and seminars, including logistics, bookings, and advertising.
- Marketing and information, including website and social media content, newsletters, and information handouts.
- Surveys and feedback, including drafting and coordinating the data analysis and reporting.
- Team member coordination and management, including interviews, organising and delegating tasks, and working with others (such as the Volunteer Coordinator and Events Coordinator) in a unified and helpful manner to ensure all volunteers and team members are contributing effectively and efficiently.
- Training, inductions, guides, policies and procedures.
- Reports and summary documents of activities and task updates.
- Grants and funding, including planning, applications, and reporting.
- Customer service emails and phone calls where needed.
- Ad hoc tasks to keep the organisation responsive and operating day to day.
- Skilled in business and management.
- Fast worker and an active contributor, stepping up when something needs doing.
- Self starter, enthusiastic, and an ‘on the ball’ attitude.
- Quick thinker able to handle multiple tasks in one day and think ahead.
- Accurate record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient internet and research skills.
- MS Office suite experience.
- Secure and private home computer and internet access.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Networking and public speaking skills helpful but not essential.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Pro bono Assistant Manager Application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Assistant Manager via Pro Bono Australia.