About the role
The AEC is seeking to create new, virtual Auxiliaries, providing an opportunity for individuals and groups to support the RCH remotely. The volunteer position of the Virtual Auxiliaries Portfolio Lead will manage the development of these new Virtual Auxiliaries and act as a consultant to the AEC. The role centres on communicating externally and building relationships with the next generation of fundraisers. The Virtual Auxiliaries Portfolio Lead will work closely with the President of Auxiliaries and the Fundraising Manager at the RCH Foundation.
- Attend up to 6 AEC Meetings as required and provide updates to the Committee Chair
- Develop new Virtual Auxiliaries in line with volunteering and fundraising best practice
- Develop a communications plan with the Auxiliaries and Fundraising Manager and the RCH Foundation’s Communications Team to promote Virtual Auxiliaries
- Promote the RCH Auxiliaries through daily professional activities
- Be knowledgeable about the RCH Auxiliaries, our mission, programs and events and uphold our values
- Support the Auxiliary Executive Committee as required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- A passion for children’s health and the not for profit sector
- Demonstrated fundraising and or volunteering experience, preferably in an online environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills with a sensitivity to stakeholder coordination
- Commitment to the RCH Foundation’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of accuracy
- 6-12 month commitment
- Social media and IT skills
About the organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) is supported by a vibrant and dedicated network of Auxiliary groups. Today, there are around 60 Auxiliary groups made of up 500 volunteers from right across Victoria.
Governed by the Auxiliaries Executive Committee (AEC), the RCH Auxiliaries have been raising funds for the hospital since 1922 under the mission: “One team working towards one goal – making sick kids better.”
The RCH Auxiliaries raise funds in a myriad of ways for many special causes. The funds raised support a variety of projects and initiatives in line with an Auxiliary’s personal connection to the RCH and the hospital’s priorities in the areas of research, leadership and training, equipment and technology and patient and family centred care.
How to apply
- Applications must address the Selection Criteria in the position description: https://www.rchfoundation.org.au/app/uploads/2021/10/Position-Description-Auxiliary-Executive-Committee-AEC-Member-Virtual-Fundraising-Portfolio-Lead.pdf
- Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered
- For further information or queries about this role, please email Laura Buck via email@example.com
- Please include your CV, the with your application, including your CV, the names and contact details of two referees and your response to the Selection Criteria by COB on 5pm Friday 26th November
Please quote in application: Auxiliary Executive Committee Member – Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.