About the Role
About Climate for Change Inc.
Climate for Change Inc. (C4C) is a fast-growing not-for-profit. Four years old, we are gaining the attention and respect of others in our sector for our innovative approach to engaging new audiences and our ability to achieve results usually only achieved on much larger budgets. We are volunteer-driven with a growing core staff. We are passionate, dynamic, resourceful, hopeful and giving.
We’re looking for a Board Administrator who has strong organisational skills and attention to detail that will support the governance of C4C’s Board.
For more information, please see our website: www.climateforchange.org.au.
About the role of Board Administrator
- COMMITMENT: 1 year minimum, 2 year preferred
- NUMBER OF HRS: 7-9 hrs per month (includes Board meetings)
- WORKING FROM: Home (but also attending meetings in CBD)
- REPORTING TO: C4C Chair and CEO
An ideal role for someone who is systematic, organised and interested in one day being on a Board of Directors (be it for-profit or not-for-profit).
You will work closely with our Chair of the Board to ensure all meetings are scheduled, agendas written, important documents received and distributed, meeting minutes are written, and tasks allocated to Board members.
The proper performance of this role is pivotal to the proper function of our Board. We are, therefore, looking for someone highly reliable who can make a longer term commitment, including attending all board meetings throughout the year (held every six weeks).
About half the work required for this role can be performed from a location of your choice. However, you will be required to attend all Board meetings in the CBD, as well as a monthly catch-up with the Chair of the Board (either over the phone or in person somewhere in the CBD). The majority of work can be done outside business hours.
- Attend all board meetings and C4C Annual General Meeting (AGM) (approx every 6 weeks)
- Prepare and distribute board meeting agendas and minutes in a timely manner
- Update and maintain the board’s tasks register online (currently using Trello)
- Maintain and update the board’s Google Calendar
- Maintain and manage the board’s Google Drive folders
- Arrange meeting locations and catering where necessary
- Assist the Chair with organising the AGM
- Assist the Chair with managing the board recruitment process
- Assist the Chair and CEO with ad hoc tasks.
- Interest in social and/or environmental causes
- Proven reliability and organisational skills
- Highly trustworthy
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Able to take initiative and work to deadlines
- Able to commit to time required including all meetings
- Positive attitude and passion for the role.
Send your CV and a separate document (no more than 2 pages) providing your contact details and answering the below three questions (addressing the Key Selection Criteria where possible) to email@example.com by close of business (COB) Friday 26th October 2018.
Questions for applicants:
- Why do you want to be Climate for Change’s Board Administrator and what do you hope to achieve over your term?
- Do you have any experience with Board Administration and/or a similar role? If so, please provide details.
- Please list which of the key selection criteria you can bring to the Board, with a short explanation for each one.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Board Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.