About the role
It’s Not A Compliment is committed to maintaining a strong, diverse and intersectional board where individual members bring unique strengths to the organisation.
At this point in time, we are looking for a Board Chair. Applicants are expected to have a demonstrated or lived commitment to intersectional approaches to feminism, and policy advocacy more broadly.
INAC Board Directors are responsible for:
- Protecting the mission of the INAC and supporting the organisation in building a movement focused on achieving street justice for all
- Actively contributing to the organisation and staying well informed on its mission, programs, activities and operating environment
- Ensuring long term strategy is in place, including developing, evaluating and refining the organisation’s strategic plan
- Ensuring organisational oversight using an intersectional framework, including approval of major strategic and financial decisions;
- Assist in fundraising to help the organisation attain its goals, including securing potential donors
- Reading papers before all meetings and being prepared to engage in deliberations by adding value to discussions to reach decisions
- Acting in the best interests of INAC at all times
- Ensuring the organisation remains compliant to regulatory bodies
- Driving annual organisation review and risk review process
- Ensuring the organisation uses its finances in a sustainable way
- Providing expert and strategic advice to the Executive Director as required
- Upholding Board confidentiality.
In addition, the Board Chair will be expected to:
- Review, in consultation with the Executive Director, the agenda for and Chair all Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting;
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation when required;
- Bring agenda items to the meeting that add value to the organisation;
- Be responsible for the leadership of the Board of INAC, and play a key role in ensuring the Board delivers upon its responsibilities.
- Act as a key liaison between Board Directors and the Executive Director
- Work with Directors to manage conflicts of interest
- Review and ensure accurate meeting Minutes are maintained
- Attend all meetings
- Ensure that meeting discussion content is confined to relevant strategic topics
- Ensure governance performance is regularly reviewed. This includes:
- Counselling non-performing group members after consultation with another senior member of the group
- Ensuring Board Directors are satisfied with their contribution to the Board
- Ensuring that the annual performance reviews of the Board and the Executive Director are conducted in a professional and timely manner
- Regularly reviewing the Board’s own performance as the basis for its own development and quality assurance
- Regularly reviewing own performance with a view to ensuring a suitable contribution to group deliberations and decision-making and, if found lacking, should either pursue training or assistance to improve their performance or resign
- Manage a productive relationship with the Executive Director and management team
- Regularly review with the Executive Director (and other senior staff officers as the Executive Director recommends), progress on important initiatives and significant issues facing INAC
- Maintain productive relationship between the Board, the CEO and the organisation
- Discuss major issues confronting the organisation with the Executive Director and reports such concerns back to the Board
- Advocate for the work of the group and influence the organisational agenda
- Guide and mediate Board actions with respect to major organisational priorities and governance concerns
INAC is committed to maintaining a strong, diverse and intersectional board where individual members bring unique strengths to the organisation.
We’re searching for individuals who:
- Have demonstrated experience and/or interest in INAC’s work
- Can act as an ambassador for INAC, and can use skills, knowledge and experience to promote the best interests of the organisation and assisting in fundraising.
- Have significant Non-Executive Director experience, ideally including experience as Chair.
- Have a strong knowledge of governance.
Applications close on 7 May 2021 at 5 PM.
About the organisation
How to apply
Phone : 0412919424
Please quote in application: Board Chair via Pro Bono Australia.