About the Role
The Carinya Society Board of Directors is a skills based Board.
The board requires that interested individuals / nominees demonstrate the following core competencies (noting that Director will ordinarily have specialist – level expertise in certain areas only):
- Knowledge of a Directors responsibility – a general understanding of the governance and strategic role of a board as well as individual directors legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsible, broad understanding or regulatory compliance issues.
- Strategic Expertise – demonstrated ability to contribute to effective decision making by the board through constructive analysis, problem solving and questioning at a strategic level.
- Financial literacy – the ability to read an comprehend the account and other financial material presented to the board
- Risk Management – understanding of and the ability to analyse , assess and manage material organisational risk
- Personal qualities – should align with the core value embodied in Carinya Society principles
- Sector knowledge – it is not necessary for Director to have direct personal or profession connection with the disability community. However a broad understanding of disability and its impact on individuals, families and carers would be an advantage.
- Previous board experience – highly desirable
Professional qualification (eg AICD company director course or equivalent) highly desirable
Each year the Board consider the range of specialist skills and expertise that would benefit the organisation. This year the board has determine that the organisation would benefit from having director with the skills and expertise set out below.
The Board seeks to represent a range of skills and currently seeks several members with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Accounting / Finance – CPA
- Legal / Contractual
- Disability Sector Transformation and / or Member – Participant Representation
- Business Transformation and Mergers / Acquisitions
- Strategic Leadership / Governance
If you require EOI process information or a Role Description , please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0393543337
Please quote in application: Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.