About the role
HANZA Inc seeks to appoint a director with an accounting/financial background. To achieve our goals we are seeking a director who has qualifications in accounting, with a passion for supporting strong financial management and ensuring our finances support our strategic direction. This role is a newly created role.
HANZA requires a skilled individual with proven expertise in;
- Accountancy and strategic budgeting
- Ability to critically assess and explain financial and, where appropriate, non-financial organisational performance.
- Strong commercial skills with a particular focus on understanding financial drivers and levers to generate alternate income streams
- Experience in a broad range of sectors and their associated networks
- Stakeholder engagement skills particularly with business and philanthropic communities
About HANZA INC
Established in 2006, Homeshare Australia & New Zealand Alliance Inc. (HANZA) is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit collaborative partnership between homeshare providers and potential providers across Australia and New Zealand.
In 2018, HANZA supported the establishment of Homeshare Melbourne and is actively involved in leveraging program design and system expertise to share with HANZA members.
In early 2020, HANZA adopted a new three year strategic plan setting out its vision and goals, along with its approach to realising those aims:
Supported, shared living arrangements for mutual benefit and community wellbeing available to vulnerable populations.
To build a network of committed organisations and individuals across Australia and New Zealand that promotes policy, actions and programs around homesharing as a viable, affordable and sustainable model of supported shared living.
The values that underpin the work of HANZA include:
Social justice – we are committed to the principles of the international model of homesharing as a means of sharing resources, creating affordable shared living arrangements and building community.
Evidence based – we seek to found our work on best practice evidence that enhances the development of homeshare programs in Australia and New Zealand.
Innovation –we support innovative approaches that promote and expand homesharing policy and programs.
Accountability – as an organisation, HANZA strives for transparency, continual improvement and integrity in all that we do.
- To promote the Homeshare model – increase our impact on key policy and actions by working towards the acceptance and integration of homeshare options into policies and programs for vulnerable populations.
- To increase the spread of Homeshare Programs – support the establishment and development of homeshare programs in Australia and New Zealand and build an evidence base that underpins the growth of homesharing as a viable and desirable option.
- To build HANZA into a dynamic and sustainable organisation – ensure HANZA Inc. meets all legislative and regulatory requirements, is managed with integrity and accountability and is financially sustainable.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: BOARD DIRECTOR via Pro Bono Australia.