About the role
Biala Peninsula is governed by a progressive group of volunteer Board Members who bring a wide variety of skills and experiences. Due to a retirement, there is now an exciting opportunity for a new member to join the Board. We are seeking a skilled professional who has a commitment to good governance and who has the capacity to contribute to the strategic development of our organisation as we grow and expand.
The initial appointment will be for two years and we welcome applications from people of all orientations, backgrounds and abilities. Applications from candidates with experience living with a disability or caring for a family member with a disability will be highly regarded.
- High ethical standards and a willingness to commit to quality, equity and upholding the values, vision and mission of Biala Peninsula
- Ability to raise the profile, awareness and brand profile of Biala Peninsula
- Knowledge of the disability and/or not-for-profit community sectors
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to undertake collaborative decision making
- Ability to support the development of the strategic plan
- Previous or current Board experience would be highly regarded.
Applicants will need to successfully complete a number of probity checks prior to becoming a Board Member which includes a Working with Children, NDIS Worker Screening and Police Check.
About the organisation
Biala Peninsula is a Mornington based charity and not for profit organisation. We provide support under the NDIS to children from birth to 12 years of age. Biala Peninsula has been supporting children and their families on the Mornington Peninsula for nearly 40 years.
How to apply
Submit a current CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the selection criteria, marked ‘Confidential - Board Vacancy’ to
by 5pm on Friday, 24th September 2021
Further information can be obtained from our website https://www.bialapeninsula.org.au
or by contacting the Board President, Jinny McGrath on (mobile) 0407 558 726.
Interviews: Short listed applicants will be interviewed on
Saturday, 2nd October 2021 on line.
Contact details of two referees will need to be provided at this time.
The successful applicant should be available to observe a Board Meeting on
Wednesday, 27th October 2021 at 6.30pm via Zoom.
Please quote in application: Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.