About the role
Financial experience would be ideally complemented with commercial acumen, expressed with experience in such areas as acquisitions, business ventures and networks. Experience and understanding of corporate governance will be viewed favourably.
The role will suit an individual who has demonstrated knowledge and experience in business development, including experience in managing commercial budgets and cashflows, and possibly accounting qualifications.
As a Director of the Board, you will assist in guiding the organisation’s strategic direction and be involved in the shaping of the business for future success and long-term sustainability.
This is a voluntary role, without remuneration.
Working with the Board, you will:
- Review the organisations financials.
- Chair the finance sub-committee
What you will bring
- Qualified to hold the position under the Corporations Act 2001.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate governance and statutory compliance requirements, with previous experience in the not-for-profit sector preferred.
- The ability to review our strategy through constructive questioning, suggestion and contribute to the effective decision making for the future.
- Ability to think strategically, and experience of high-level decision-making.
- Expertise and experience in the efficient and effective management of finance, including analysing statements, assessing financial viability, overseeing funding arrangements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively as a collaborative team member and cultivate positive working relationships.
- Committed to working within the parameters of our values.
Attendance at Meetings
Board meetings are held monthly, generally on the Wednesday after the 20th of each month, at 6:30pm. Attendance is usually in person at the Adventure Patch facilities in the Kingston area, or via MS Teams. Between meetings, interaction occurs through various committees, MS Teams, phone and email.
The various committees meet at times convenient to the committee members.
About the organisation
Adventure Patch is a community based organisation established in 1980, providing quality children's services for children birth to 13 years of age.
Adventure Patch has 40 years' experience in developing, innovating and delivering Early Childhood Education and Care Services, encouraging children to explore, discover, play, get messy and connect with nature.
A unique and quality child care service, Adventure Patch focusses on the individual child and how they learn, while recognising that a child's development can be enhanced if they are guided by compassionate Educators who promote play, fun and adventure.
How to apply
Expressing an interest in the position
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please submit your resume and a short covering letter to Lynne Moran – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please detail any leadership, governance and/or board experience and your motivation for applying to Adventure Patch.
Please quote in application: Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.