About the role
Australia’s leading melanoma and skin cancer consumer organisation.
Opportunity to join a progressive and exciting national Board that is dedicated to creating a world where no one affected by melanoma walks alone.
Voluntary Position – Not Remunerated.
MPA is an independent, not for profit organisation dedicated to supporting and representing those affected by melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer. We provide many services to assist people on their journey with melanoma including: emotional support and information, education, peer to peer connections and support groups both online, on the phone and face to face.
Working with your fellow directors and the CEO you will contribute to and oversee the achievement of strategic objectives, whilst remaining accountable for the organisation’s overall performance. Board Meetings occur approximately every two months and new board members may be asked to join and contribute to a Board Committee which meet quarterly.
As a well-established Board we are specifically looking for a range of skills to help us deliver on an ambitious strategic agenda for the next five years.
- Knowledge/experience of relevant funding sources including the role of governments, corporates, philanthropic and other sources
- Knowledge/experience in advocacy in health and health related sectors
- Knowledge/experience in working with governments and in government and community relations
- Leadership & management skills in delivery of health and support services in health, human services and community sectors
- Knowledge/experience in public relations, marketing, communications and branding
You are also expected to bring;
- Understanding of corporate governance principles and financial literacy at a senior level
- Alignment with the role of the organisation and empathy for people affected by a life threatening diagnosis such as cancer
- Communication, stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Capacity to devote time and energy to the role of a board director
How to Apply
To be considered for this role please provide a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role addressing one or more of the specific criteria (1-5 above) with your CV to email@example.com by COB Friday 7th May 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : +1300884450
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Director - Melanoma Patients Australia (MPA) via Pro Bono Australia.