About the role
Arts Assist is a not-for-profit community organisation that promotes and supports creative and cultural activities that benefit the community of Wyndham, located in Melbourne’s west.
Arts Assist is seeking a Board Director / Treasurer with financial and investment management experience, an interest in the arts and an interest in making a contribution to the Wyndham community.
As a result of a successful community fundraising campaign in 1999, the Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation (WCCF) contributed significant funds towards the construction and fit out of the Wyndham Cultural Centre. It also established a community trust fund for the ongoing support of arts and culture within Wyndham.
In 2018, WCCF registered a new business name – Arts Assist – to better reflect its core mission and to increase the recognition of its role within the rapidly growing and diverse Wyndham community.
- Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation Limited (WCCF Ltd) is a registered company limited by guarantee, which is governed by an honorary Board of Directors.
- WCCF Ltd (ABN 69 109 642 917) administers The Trustee for Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation (ABN 56 356 671 583), with the Directors also acting as Trustees.
The Trustee for Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation:
- Is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- Is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Operates under the registered business name of Arts Assist
The board is responsible for safeguarding the vision, mission and viability of the organisation via:
- Governance, financial and legal accountability
- Establishing and implementing the strategic vision and objectives
- Managing and growing the corpus trust fund
The board manages a significant investment portfolio and distributes proceeds in accordance with a budgeted funding cycle (currently twice per calendar year) via its grant program.
The Board meets monthly (on the third Thursday of each month from 5pm – 7pm) via videoconference. When COVID-19 restrictions ease, some meetings may take place face-to-face in Wyndham.
Director / Treasurer Role
Expressions of interest are sought from community members to join the board as Director / Treasurer.
Desirable skills and areas of specialisation:
- Financial services and management
- Equities / investment knowledge and management
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: The Directors, Arts Assist: email@example.com
For further details, contact: Janice Goates, Chair, Arts Assist: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0417 591 697
The board is committed to workplace diversity and encourages people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, women and younger persons to apply.
Applications close: Fri 20 Nov 2020
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Director / Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.