About the role
You will be enthusiastic and hard-working – the kind of person who is not looking to watch from the sidelines. You may or may not have been on a Board before, but you will have some kind of experience that would be valuable for the Board, and be driven by wanting the charity to grow and evolve. More than anything, you want to be on the Board because you believe in what we do.
We are looking for a number of people to join Rise Above’s Board as Ordinary Directors.
As a Director, you will contribute to the strategic direction and governance of the charity as it matures as an organisation. In addition to at monthly Board meetings, you will be expected to assist with Board projects, engage with members, and assist with fundraising events.
We are looking for people to join the Board who have capability and experience in:
- volunteer management
- marketing, communications, and public affairs
- professional experience, particularly legal practitioners
- health services, including as oncology doctors, nurses or social workers
- business and commercial experience
- financial management and investment
- corporate governance knowledge and experience
All Directors of Rise Above are engaged on a volunteer-basis and are required to be members of the organisation.
To learn more about our charity please visit riseabovecbr.org.au.
About the organisation
At Rise Above, we try to help make the cancer fight just a little bit easier. For over 30 years, we have supported our patients and their families by providing financial and in-kind assistance to help them manage the financial impact of cancer on their lives by:
- offsetting the cost of the health and medical services
- offsetting the unforeseen costs associated with care
- alleviating some of the pressure of treatment and recovery on their ability to live, work, and study
We aim to provide financial relief in a way that allows our patients to maintain their independence, build resilience, and strengthen their relationships at a difficult time.
Rise Above is an independent, not-for-profit charity that supports the ACT and Queanbeyan-Palerang regions.
How to apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume and one-page statement outlining why you would make a great addition to our Board.
Applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 31 October 2021.
Please quote in application: Board Director (Volunteer) via Pro Bono Australia.