About the role
Your Community Health, a community health service in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, is extending its call for applications from appropriately experienced individuals for two Board Director positions.
YCH provides services to clients from a diverse range of backgrounds including CALD, LGBTQI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and others. The Board is very keen to broaden the diversity of backgrounds among its directors and welcomes applications from people from such diverse backgrounds.
We are also particularly seeking people with entrepreneurial or business experience or a background in digital health / information management systems / data analytics.
We are seeking applications for two highly capable, motivated and values-driven individuals to join our Board of Directors on a voluntary basis. It’s an exciting opportunity to contribute to the organisation’s governance at an important moment in the organisation’s history when we will be making critical decisions about our strategic directions in a rapidly changing and competitive environment. We intend to grow the organisation significantly through a range of innovative approaches and partnerships, to be agreed upon during this year’s strategic planning process.
Your role as Director will be to:
- Understand the business of the organisation and be aware of key developments
- Govern and oversee the organisations’ operations and performance
- Provide advice, opinions and independent judgement to inform Board decisions
- Attend and participate in Board meetings and one (or more) sub-committees
- Be active in the organisation, such as attending functions or events as a representative of Your Community Health.
In addition to the above, applicants with some of the following qualities and skills will be highly valued:
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Strong understanding of the diverse communities which Your Community Health serves
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in/of the primary health sector or the not-for-profit sector more broadly
- A good understanding of governance (as opposed to management) roles
- The ability to work collaboratively and constructively with other directors and the Executive Team
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
About the organisation
Your Community Health is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. Our purpose is to enable health, wellbeing and dignity for all people in northern Melbourne by providing responsive and accessible services. We recognise good health is more than the absence of disease and requires a whole of community approach to address social, environmental and economic inequalities. We prioritise access for those most at risk of health inequalities and those that may face barriers to accessing traditional health services.
We operate across seven Local Government Areas through a combination of outreach, client-based and centre-based activities and co-located services.
Our current health centres are located in Darebin:
- East Reservoir Health Centre: 125 Blake Street, East Reservoir
- East Reservoir Community Hub: Unit 1/44 Whitelaw Street, East Reservoir
- Northcote Health Centre: 42 Separation Street, Northcote
- Panch Health Centre: 300 Bell Street, Preston
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email an expression of interest and CV to Andrea Holman, Executive Assistant to the CEO at CEO@yourcommunityhealth.org.au.
A generic position description can be obtained by emailing CEO@yourcommunityhealth.org.au.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday 17 June 2021.
Please quote in application: Board Director – Your Community Health via Pro Bono Australia.