About the role
The volunteer in this role will support BZE’s Board using their existing skills and knowledge of
not-for-profit board management. Tasks will include some or all of the following:
- managing a review process around the Constitution
- preparing for the EGM or AGM as needed including all the work around it (including setting
notices of meetings etc.)
- working with board and senior staff on putting into practice all of the issues flowing from how we
want to manage Members (interpretation / process)
- preparing a skills matrix of the current Board and identifying recruitment requirements
- preparing for and managing the Board survey
- doing a survey of all of our compliance obligations
- reviewing and upgrading our delegations of authority
- reviewing and upgrading our Risk Matrix
- preparing for the review of our Risk Framework and Risk Appetite Statement
About the organisation
Beyond Zero Emissions is an internationally recognised think tank that shows through independent research and innovative solutions how Australia can prosper in a zero-emissions economy.
To inspire political leadership and accelerate policy change, we publish research on technological solutions that unlock huge economic potential for industries, regions and communities. Our expert research is the springboard from which we showcase and facilitate lighthouse projects, which spurs policymakers to scale and replicate successful models.
How to apply
Volunteers applying for this role must be able to demonstrate existing Board or Company Secretary
experience, preferably undertaken in the not-for-profit space.
Please include details of your experience with your application in a brief email, and include your current CV and / or LinkedIn profile.
Please quote in application: Board Governance Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.