About the Role
Road Sense is dedicated to saving Australian lives by creating safer roads and more responsible road users through education, intervention and rehabilitation. Our programs work to decrease the rates of traffic offences committed in Australia with the ultimate aim of decreasing fatalities and permanent impairment statistics on our roads.
Road Sense is the lead provider of the Traffic Offender Intervention Program (TOIP) for the NSW Department Of Justice.
In addition to TOIP we also offer our Learn To Live Program free of charge to NSW senior high school students.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from active community leaders to join our team of non-executive directors. Applicants will volunteer their expertise to our organisation to guide the implementation of programs and activities that help meet our long term vision.
The Board is comprised of senior leaders from diverse backgrounds who are capable of helping the CEO guide the organisation as it grows and develops in response to community needs and government requirements. We need leaders who have experience across industries and functions as diverse as operations, legal, government, and professional services.
We currently have a number of roles available however we are targeting people with a financial services background who will seek an interest in the position of Treasurer.
For the position of Treasurer we need a solid background in Accounting, preferably someone who has had experience working for or with a Board.
The primary responsibilities for the Treasurer are:
• Oversee local fiscal management and work closely with the CEO on financial matters, including overseeing collection of funds, preparing transmittal forms and submitting all donations, fundraising or grants to the CEO in a timely manner;
• Have a working knowledge of Road Sense Australia Ltd. Financial Policies;
• Review detailed financial reports provided by the CEO and share information with all members of the Board;
• Report regularly to Board on key events, programs, and grants;
• Work closely with the CEO to ensure that the financials are accurate, timely, and reconciled with the Board’s accounting records.
Time Commitment for the treasurer is approximately 5-10 hours per month.
This is a very exciting time to be involved in our organisation as we expand our work across Australia, and implement new programs to ensure we have a longer lasting and further reaching impact on all communities of Australia.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 6th April.
Please apply by forwarding your resume to:
Mr Michael Fitzgibbins, Chief Executive Officer
via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about any of these roles, or for a complete position description please contact Michael Fitzgibbins on 0423 223 323.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0423223323
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.