About the Role
SFF is a NFP (not for profit) family violence organisation that provides frontline services to women and children escaping family violence. SFF is the largest provider of crisis refuge accommodation in Victoria – which includes 19 crisis properties and nomination rights to 30 transitional houses. Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about supporting a NFP organisation providing services to women and children escaping family violence. Board members who have achieved leadership stature in business. Government, philanthropy or the NFP sector. Ideal candidates will have the following qualities and qualifications
• A commitment to and understanding of family violence and the impact on families
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of SFF clients.
• Legal background in HR and experience in regulation and public policy. Particular understanding of legal obligations and legal risks associated with the NFP sector.
• Experience leading technology and IT related projects. Understanding of systems architecture and infrastructure requirements for NFPs.
• Experience in marketing and communications • Knowledge of all legal and fiduciary responsibilities of Directors
• Culturally agile and skilled at working with diversity Board of Directors:
The Board consists of: Executive Committee;
• Five ordinary members
The Board meets at 6pm on the 4th Monday of the month at 6.30pm in Doncaster. Board members are elected at the Annual General meeting and may stand for re-election. The officers of the Association are elected annually by the Board.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 9th November 2018
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Ms Doreen Stoves
Phone : 0398561500
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Member – 3 positions available via Pro Bono Australia.