About the Role
Arts Assist is a not-for-profit community organisation that promotes and supports artistic and cultural activities that benefit the community of Wyndham, in Melbourne’s west.
Arts Assist is the registered business name of the Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation.
Arts Assist is seeking a new board member who is passionate about the arts and/or the local Wyndham community.
As a result of a successful community fundraising campaign in 1999, Arts Assist contributed significant funds towards the construction and fit out of the Wyndham Cultural Centre. It also established a community trust fund for the ongoing support of arts and culture within Wyndham.
In 2018, WCCF registered a new business name – Arts Assist – to better reflect its core mission and to increase the recognition of its activities within the rapidly growing and diverse Wyndham community.
Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation Limited (WCCF Ltd) is a registered company limited by guarantee, which is governed by an honorary board of directors.
WCCF Ltd (ABN 69 109 642 917) administers The Trustee for Wyndham Community Cultural Foundation (ABN 56 356 671 583), which:
- Is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- Is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
- Operates under the registered business name of Arts Assist
The board is responsible for:
- Legal and financial accountability
- Strategic vision and objectives
- Safeguarding the mission and vision of the organisation
- Managing and growing the corpus trust funds
- Advocacy (representing the interests of the organisation to the broader community)
The board manages a significant investment portfolio and distributes proceeds in accordance with a budgeted funding cycle, currently twice per calendar year, across three funding programs:
- Collaborative Projects
- Individual Projects
- Significant Acquisitions
An Advisory Panel, made up of local Wyndham residents, plays a vital role in the review of funding applications and makes funding recommendations to the board.
Expressions of interest are sought from community members to join the board.
Desirable skills and areas of specialisation:
- Grants Administration
- Accounting, Business, Banking & Financial Services
- Law & Legal Services
- Marketing & Communications
The board is committed to workplace diversity and encourages people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, women and younger persons to apply.
The Board meets monthly (on the fourth Thursday of each month from 5pm – 7pm) in Wyndham.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
- The Directors, Arts Assist
- P.O. Box 439 Werribee VIC 3030
For further details, contact:
- Janice Goates, Chair, Arts Assist
- 0417 591 697
Applications close: Fri 31st May 2019
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0417591697
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.