About the role
Unique opportunity to join Ensemble Offspring’s Board, with potential for succession in key Office Bearer roles
Sydney-based Ensemble Offspring Limited is offering a unique opportunity to join our Board of Directors, and potentially become successors in key Office Bearer roles in the future.
To fulfil our Board Composition and Recruitment Policy, we are specifically seeking Directors who can provide strong leadership capability and a commitment to Ensemble Offspring’s vision to achieve artistic excellence and organisational sustainability. You will offer deep finance and risk expertise, or expertise in marketing not-for-profit organisations, with matching experience. Ideally, you will also bring experience in governance and business development, with AICD qualifications and previous not-for-profit experience preferred, though not essential.
As part of a Board of Directors with a diverse mix of skills, representation, tenure and experience, you will work with our Artistic Directors and General Manager to provide strategic leadership and ensure the organisation has sustainable resources to fulfil its vision and achieve its artistic and organisational goals. These goals include to—
- commission diverse Australian and international work
- mentor the next generation of composers to present the music of today and create the art music of tomorrow
- tour regionally, nationally and internationally to enable us to reach a diverse and new audience base, and
- educate and engage with the community to cultivate new sound art, through accessible and exciting hands-on participatory instrument building, composition and improvisation workshops.
The role of an Ensemble Offspring Director includes—
- attending and actively participating in six (6) ordinary Board meetings per year and an annual Strategy Day
- actively participating in other specialised Board committees as relevant (e.g. Finance and Audit; Creative)
- providing strategic advice and expertise on matters arising to the Board and management (including monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the organisation’s program and performance, and maintaining accountability and compliance)
- regularly representing and promoting the company and its programs and services to stakeholders, including government, philanthropic supporters and donors, and
- attending, on average, ten performances and fundraising events in Sydney during the calendar year.
Please note that Ensemble Offspring is a not-for-profit organisation and Directors are not remunerated. Interstate candidates will be considered.
Ensemble Offspring is Australia’s foremost new music ensemble, consistently demonstrating innovation and excellence in creating, presenting and performing ‘living’ music from Australia and abroad. With a demonstrated track record and sustained commitment to the development of contemporary classical music, Ensemble Offspring champions the music of our time. Over almost a quarter of a century, we have developed into a thriving, dynamic and successful organisation dedicated to the performance of innovative new music. We use our innovative methods of presentation to engage and expose broad audiences of all ages to completely new ways of experiencing music and contemporary performance practices.
Please submit your application—including a brief cover letter and your Curriculum Vitae—to Elizabeth Hristoforidis, Chair, at email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, 6 September 2019.
Interviews will be conducted, and preferred candidates will be required to attend at least one Board meeting and at least one performance or event before formal appointment.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.