About the role
- Would you like to be on the Board of a progressive, vibrant community organisation?
- Would like to be involved in supporting the delivery of an innovative education program which develops the leaders of tomorrow?
- If so, this is the role for you
We are looking to grow the membership of our Board, including general committee member roles and specific positions including Secretary and Treasurer.
Gisborne Montessori School is seeking experienced professionals with extensive experience in governance, school leadership, finance, or marketing to join the board as a director. Knowledge of the education sector in Victoria will be desirable. Educators with expertise in, and understanding of Montessori Education will be highly regarded.
Key responsibilities of GMS directors include:
- Maintain familiarity with directors’ duties
- Actively contribute to the development of GMS’ strategic direction
- Review all GMS policies and procedures
- Maintain familiarity with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to monitoring and review of compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to monitoring and maintenance of GMS’ risk management framework
- Contribute to monitoring of the organisations performance against objectives set out in the business plan
- Contribute to monitoring and oversight of the organisation’s financial performance and financial position
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, email email@example.com to arrange a discussion.
About the organisation
Gisborne Montessori School (GMS) is an independent educational institution for preschool and primary school aged children nestled at the foot of the Macedon Ranges. Established in 2000 GMS has developed a strong reputation for providing an inclusive and engaging learning environment. GMS is committed to sustainable practice and fostering a supportive school community built on the values of Creativity, Nature, Gratitude, Kindness and Respect.
How to apply
Please submit a covering letter describing your relevant experience and reason for interest in joining the GMS board and a copy of your CV.
Please quote in application: Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.