About the Role
The Australian Baby Box Project is inspired by the Finland baby box experience and grounded in the belief that the baby box has the potential to connect parents sooner rather than later with a continuum of supports and services for parents to access prenatal programming, education and community based networks during the prenatal and postnatal stages of their pregnancy and birth. The ABBP focus is to work with existing Australian agencies to develop and implement an Australian baby box. Key to this project is how the baby box, as an engagement tool, connects parents with evidence informed resources and supports to enhance their overall health and wellbeing; promotes their parenting style; improve their children’s development, and in particular, connect them to community based services to mitigate vulnerability and the impact that this might have on family wellbeing.
• To provide an internationally tested and certified safe sleep baby boxinette to safely sleep a newborn and baby upwards to 6 months of age.
• Work in partnership with communities, governments and agencies to have a collective impact on the health and wellbeing of Australian families and their babies; to increase the take up of prenatal and antenatal health care resources, programs and services;
• Increase parent confidence; improve maternal and infant health and wellbeing outcomes;
• Apply the evidence to support parents in raising healthy and happy children;
• Promote the importance of stable and secure relationships for all children;
• Promote and educate that “Every family matters. Every child an equal start”. To achieve its principal purposes The Australian Baby Box Project is committed to:
• Promote and distribute resources and engage in community awareness programs relating to the delivery of pregnancy and family support services that respond to the needs of families, including those related to the purposes of the association.”
• Promote and facilitate donations, fundraising programs and contributions from the general public which enhance the purposes of the association;
• Promote and foster co-operation and mutually beneficial activity and support among organizations undertaking activities related to the purposes of the association;
The Australian Baby Box Project is welcoming nominations to be a founding Board Member.
As a board member you will play a critical role in helping to steer the organization as a new social enterprise. Specifically, you will:
• Contribute to the establishment of high level goals and policies for the CEO to implement
• Play an active role in supporting the organization to accomplish its mission, including developing the organization’s outreach and partnerships
• Work collaboratively to support the CEO
• Attend 4 meetings per year and actively participate on committees or as officers
• Contribute to the strategic planning that provides direction to the organization over time
Your own background may be in social media; maternal and infant health; health education and promotion; logistics and distribution models; risk management; parent education and coaching; early childhood development; start-ups and social enterprises;
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0423741228
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Member – The Australian Baby Box Project via Pro Bono Australia.