About the role
Oaktree is one of Australia’s largest youth-run organisations. We seek guidance and are governed by our incredible Board of Directors, who have a range of experience and skills. Their work directly shapes how Oaktree grows and evolves, from setting strategy to collaborating with our CEO.
We are seeking an individual to join our Board of Directors and chair our Risk and Compliance Subcommittee.
As a member of our board, you’ll play a key role in the governance of the organisation, ensuring strategy fulfills Oaktree’s mission and values. You’ll be joining a great team of current Board members (get to know them here) and have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from experts in their fields.
If you are passionate about youth and international development, motivated and have the right experience you could be the perfect fit for this organisation.
Are you someone who:
- Has a passion for human rights.
- Values long term solutions to ending global poverty, and is committed to facilitating youth-organised change.
- Works to maximise impact, seeking to innovate and learn from wins and failures.
- Prioritises diversity and inclusivity within organisations.
- Strives to always work with humility and integrity.
As the Chair of the Risk and Compliance Subcommittee, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the CFO in managing organisations risks.
- Ensuring we comply with sector and government regulations.
We are looking for someone who might have experience in one or all of the following:
- Australian Law.
- Risk assessment and management.
As a youth-run organisation, one-third of our Board is required to be under the age of 27, and we encourage individuals under 27 to apply.
- Two years.
- On average, about three hours a week. The Board meets 6-7 times a year and sub-committees meet 6-7 times a year in our offices in Melbourne.
If this sounds like you, then head on over to apply, before 5PM (17:00) Friday 15th March 2019. And for questions, please contact email@example.com.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Board Member: Chair of Risk and Compliance Sub-Commitee via Pro Bono Australia.