About the Role
Are you a bookkeeper or accountant and looking volunteer your skills?
Are you looking to join a professional Not-For-Profit Board?
Do you want to work for a Brisbane youth-based charity?
If you answer yes to these, then Brisbane Youth Radio may be the charity you have been looking for.
We are Brisbane’s Youth Community Radio Broadcaster, providing opportunities for young people and students seeking experience in the media industry.
We provide engaging and empowering opportunities for all volunteers, who come from diverse backgrounds of all ages and abilities.
We are looking for a Board Member with a financial background who ideally has:
– Well-developed financial management skills
– A good knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting practices and have proficiency in using MYOB
– Preferably with formal qualifications in accountancy and/or bookkeeping
– Experience in assisting with creating budgets and budget acquittals for grant funding
– Experience in (or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of) writing grant applications and sourcing grant funding applicable to BYR
– Demonstrate a commitment to the aims, objectives and vision of BYR
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team, and a commitment to the ongoing success and financial viability of Brisbane’s Youth Radio
We have regular meetings with the BYR team, as well as monthly Board meetings on the 2nd Thursday of each month, which is held in Brisbane. The AGM and annual strategy meetings are also held in Brisbane.
You must hold a Working with Children Clearance (Blue Card) in Queensland or be able to obtain one, and we can assist with this as required.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0448537766
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Board Member (Finance) via Pro Bono Australia.