About the role
Our grassroots charity is looking for a capable and passionate Board Member. Specifically we are looking for someone with experience in fundraising to join our board.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Open Table’s mission of reducing food waste and food insecurity. This position will perform governance duties as well as:
- Join Open Table’s Fundraising Subcommittee
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a sustainable and diverse fundraising strategy
- Actively participate in fundraising for the organisation
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications or attributes:
- Extensive professional experience in fundraising
- Executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the not-for-profit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Open Table’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals
- An ability to maximise current resources, seize opportunities and think creatively
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Open Table’s beneficiaries
- An individual who aligns with our values of fairness, inclusiveness, generosity, resourcefulness and collaboration.
About the organisation
Open Table is a not-for-profit community organisation with a dual purpose of reducing food insecurity and reducing food waste. We provide free, fresh and nutritious food to vulnerable community members across the north of Melbourne, using predominantly donated surplus food that would otherwise be wasted.
Specifically, our mission is to:
- Provide consistent and reliable access to healthy food for people experiencing disadvantage
- Transform produce that would have otherwise gone to waste into free healthy food to share
- Connect diverse groups through inclusive community food projects
- Collaborate with volunteers and local community partners
- Empower others to reduce their food waste through education programs and events
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a bit about yourself and why you're applying for the role.
Please quote in application: BOARD MEMBER – Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.