About the role
Who we are: Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA)is a recently established health promotion charity whose mission is to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too. AfHA is part of a global network who work to help people take practical action on happiness. We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society.
- Ensure legislative and compliance obligations are met, including reporting requirements.
- Provide sound governance, including managing risks and ensuring the financial sustainability.
- Drive AfHA’s mission by supporting the formulation and implementation of AfHA’s strategy.
- Regularly attend and contribute to board meetings and AfHA events.
- Develop and implement a sustainable and diverse fundraising strategy that is aligned to AfHA’s mission and overarching organisational strategy.
- The fundraising strategy may include regular giving, corporate partnerships, major gifts, foundations, trusts, major gifts, bequests, grants and events.
- Ensure all fundraising activities comply with legislation.
- Develop and maintain a fundraising pipeline/database.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Board – both financial and non-financial.
- Assist in the recruitment and on-boarding of fundraising-specific volunteers.
- Previous experience or qualifications in the development of fundraising strategies.
- Operational experience with donor relations, grants, trusts/foundations is preferred.
- Experience with Mail Chimp is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised and loves developing relationships.
Hours and resources:
- Attend bi-monthly Board Meetings (meetings occur after hours).
- We are looking for the right person to commit 1-2 hours per fortnight. There are no set hours, so the role can be completed at the discretion of the Board Member.
- Generally, the role can be completed outside of office hours; however, some contact with stakeholders may be required during office hours.
- The role requires the Board Member to be willing to use their own computer and phone.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Board Member – Fundraising Strategist via Pro Bono Australia.