About the Role
Position: Board Member, International Development
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Employment type: Voluntary
Our Directors are compassionate individuals committed to working towards a more just and equitable world. They bring a diverse and impressive range of knowledge, qualifications and experience to Maranatha Health Australia.
Expressions of interest are sought from individuals who wish to join the Board, with responsibilities to:
- Review, monitor and evaluate Maranatha Health Mission, Core Values and Operational Principles
- Participate and provide leadership in Strategic Planning
- Meet statutory, legal and ethical reporting requirements
- Develop, monitor and review guidelines and policies for sound operating practice
- Provide advice and information on the Professional Standards and / or Policy sub-committees of the Board
- Budget, manage and review finances
- Employ, manage and review human resources
No specific education is required by Board members, though qualifications and experience in NFP Governance and / or International Development related fields are highly desirable for this position.
For more information about the Maranatha Health Board – maranathahealth.org/about-us/governance
Apply via email with CV attached to email@example.com
Maranatha Health is an Australian and Ugandan not-for-profit organisation that is committed to raising health outcomes, empowering the poor and making positive, lasting change in Uganda.
At Maranatha Health we are passionate about making aid genuinely effective, and take a ‘for the people, by the people’ approach. Our aim is to collaborate with local people, empowering them to first imagine and then create the change they want to see in their lives and communities.
Our work is founded on our three Core Pillars:
- Empowering – Health system strengthening
- Developing – Community health and development
- Healing – Healthcare provision
Our focus is on the holistic health and wellbeing of the communities we work with. We yearn to see populations that are enabled, thriving, confident, and resilient. We are very aware of the limitations of direct service provision, both in terms of how wide the impact can be, and how sustainable it is. And we realise that treating the symptoms of ill health cannot create long-term change: it must be paired with preventing people from getting sick in the first place.
Because of this, our work is primarily focused on capacity building: working with other clinics and health service providers in the region to improve their ability to deliver excellent health care (both curative and preventative) to Ugandans.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0449965757
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Board Member, International Development via Pro Bono Australia.