About the Role
Who we are: Action for Happiness Australia (AfHA)is a recently established health promotion charity whose mission is to create a happier and more compassionate society by helping individuals and communities take practical action to improve their own wellbeing and make others happier too.
AfHA is part of a global network who work to help people take practical action on happiness. We are backed by leading experts from diverse fields including psychology, education and economics, and our patron is His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We have no religious, political or commercial affiliations and welcome people of all faiths (or none) and all parts of society.
We are looking for applications from those with strong financial skills and who are passionate about creating a happier and more compassionate society.
Location: Melbourne (meetings in Collingwood from 6-8pm on weekday evenings)
Hours: Approx 8 a month – 1 x 2 hour meeting bi-monthly, 2 x 4 hour workshops a year, 1 x 2 hour operational meeting bi-monthly (optional), plus 1 hour a week on other duties (preparing financial reports, liaising with CEO and board members, other tasks as required).
Term: Board members serve in a voluntary capacity for two years.
• To monitor the financial processes and reporting obligations of Action for Happiness Australia, which includes but is not limited to:
o Preparation and presentation of bi-monthly financial reports for each board meeting;
o Developing and monitoring the annual budget;
o Ensuring all statutory reporting and financial requirements of funding bodies are met;
o Ensuring the Board understand the financial reports;
o Preparing Annual Financial Statements for AGM and submission to Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV);
o Ensuring funds are managed appropriately.
• To ensure Action for Happiness Australia maintains sufficient insurance coverage for operations
• To maintain processes for approval and reimbursement of payments incurred
• To assist the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities for the governance of Action for Happiness Australia
• Attendance at Board meetings and AGM
• Financial Management of AfHA
• A time commitment of approx. 8 hours per month
• Be informed of the work of Action for Happiness Australia and publicly support and promote it
• Appropriate awareness and review of all relevant operational and financial matters
General Board responsibilities:
• To understand strategic, operational and financial decision making, as appropriate;
• To endorse and approve strategic submissions to various industry bodies and funding sources
• To assist the Chair, where required, to promote the organisation in a proactive manner
Qualifications/Skills and experience:
Ideal candidates will have
• Financial expertise in the non-profit sector
• Have an accounting qualification
• Have an understanding of all Board procedures
• Previous Board/Committee of Management experience
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0497015048
Please quote in application: Board Member – Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.